layout

Thursday, July 30, 2009

MaryAnn


Today MaryAnn was on GOOD Morning AMERICA!! I was so excited for her to be able to share her story. Maryann "merky" was diagnosed with stage 3 melanoma cancer, just by going to the tanning beds.

"The reason I had tanned so much was because I was vain about my looks," said the now 28-year-old Gerber, who is currently cancer-free and blames tanning beds for the multiple mole removals in her life. "Now I have a 6-inch scar down my left cheek. When I would go out, which wasn't a lot because I was ashamed of my face, people would ask if I had been in a car accident, but nobody could guess skin cancer."July 7, 2009 for the desert news.

Im proud to say i dont use the tanning beds anymore! i would spray tan any day then to go through what maryann had too! we love you merky and we are so proud of you!

here is the link to watch her on good morning america
http://abcnews.go.com/video/playerIndex?id=8209376

No comments: